Raise Your Vibration
You’ve heard it before, our thoughts have frequencies. Negative thoughts have a low frequency. Positive thoughts have a high frequency. When you hear the phrase “raise your vibration,” what it means is that you need to do something that makes you happy, which will raise your frequency.
Why does this matter?
According to the Law of Attraction, energy attracts like energy, and the stronger the emotion associated with that energy, the more quickly and profoundly it will manifest. If you are in a foul mood, if everything you see upsets you, you have a low frequency and will continue to attract low frequency results. If you are happy, if you see the positive aspects of everything around you, you have a higher frequency and will continue to attract high frequency results.
How do you raise your vibration?
There are a number of ways to accomplish this. The list below is by no means exhaustive, and on a fundamental level all you need to do is relax and feel good in order to raise your vibration. But here are some ideas that may help you get started:
- Watch a funny movie
- Spend time doing things that make you happy
- Spend time with people who make you happy
- Take a cold shower
- Eat healthy foods
- Do something selfless
- Take a walk (fresh air and nature)
- Take a drive with your windows down
My new experiment: Binaural Beats
I am new to meditation so I recently downloaded a few guided meditations from iTunes that use a process called ‘binaural beats’. Binaural beats are tones at different frequencies, one tone in the left ear and one tone in the right. The difference between the tones creates a third tone that your brain recognizes, and depending on the frequency of the tones, you can accomplish different things. The information below was obtained from Binaural.pdf.
Beta brain waves ( 13 to 30Hz) – Alert concentration and problem-solving
- 14 Hz – Awakeness, alert. Concentration on tasks, Focusing, vitality.
- 16 Hz – Bottom of hearing range. Releases oxygen/calcium into cells
- 12 – 15 Hz – Relaxed focus, improved attentive abilities
- 13 – 27 Hz – Promotes focused attention toward external stimuli
- 13 – 30 Hz – Problem solving, conscious thinking
- 18-24 Hz — Euphoria, can result in headaches, anxiety
Alpha brain waves ( 8 to 12Hz) – Alert relaxation
- 8- 10 Hz Super-learning new information, memorization, not comprehension.
- 8.22 Hz – Associated with the mouth. Brings creativity
- 10 Hz – Enhanced serotonin release. Mood elevation, arousal, stimulant
- 10 Hz – Provides relief from lost sleep, improves general mood
- 10 Hz – Mood elevator. Used to dramatically reduce headaches
- 10 Hz – Clarity, subconscious correlation. Releases serotonin
- 11 Hz – Relaxed yet awake state
- 12 Hz – Centering, mental stability.
- 11 – 14 Hz – Increased focus and awareness
- 12 – 14 Hz – Learning frequency, good for absorbing information passively
Theta Brain Waves ( 4 to 8 Hz) – Deep relaxation and increased learning
- 4.5 Hz – Brings about Shamanic/Tibetan state of consciousness, Tibetan chants.
- 4.9 Hz – Induce relaxation and deeper sleep
- 4.9 Hz – Introspection. Relaxation, meditation
- 5 Hz – Reduces sleep required. Theta replaces need for extensive dreaming
- 5.35 Hz – Allows relaxing breathing, free and efficient•5.5 Hz – Inner guidance, intuition
- 6.5 Hz – Centre of Theta frequency. Activates creative frontal lobe
- 7.5 Hz – Activates creative thought for art, invention, music. Problem solving
- 7.5 Hz – Ease of overcoming troublesome issues
- 7.83 Hz – Schumann earth resonance. Grounding, meditative, Leaves you revitalized
- 3 – 8 Hz – Deep relaxation, meditation. Lucid dreaming
- 3 – 8 Hz – Increased memory, focus, creativity
- 4 – 7 Hz – Profound inner peace, emotional healing. Lowers mental fatigue
- 4 – 7 Hz – Deep meditation, near-sleep brainwaves
Delta Brain Waves (1-3 Hz) – Deep sleep
- 0.5 Hz – Relaxation, helps soothe headaches
- 0.5 – 1.5 Hz – Pain relief. Endorphin release
- 0.9 Hz – Euphoric feeling
- 1 Hz – Well being. Harmony and balance
- 2.5 Hz – Production of endogenous opiates (pain killers, reduce anxiety)
- 2.5 Hz – Relieves migraine pain. Produces endogenous opiates
- 3.4 Hz – Helps achieve restful sleep
- 3.5 Hz – Feeling of unity with everything. Whole being regeneration
- 3.9 Hz – Self renewal, enhanced inner awareness
- 4.0 Hz – Enkephalin release for reduced stress
- 4.0 Hz – Allows brain to produce enkaphalins, all natural pain killer
- 4.0 Hz – Full memory scanning. Releases enkephalins
- 4.0 Hz – Vital for memory and learning. Problem solving, object naming
- 1 – 3 Hz – Profound relaxation, restorative sleep. Tranquility and peace
You can find free downloads like this one simply by searching for ‘binaural beats’. If you prefer you can create your own tones specific to what you want to accomplish by searching for ‘binaural beat generators’.
I like to listen to pleasant sounds on top of my beats and here is one that I enjoy: Multidimensional Man
Or if you just want meditation music there are tons of free downloads and YouTube videos to use.
Have you experimented with binaural beats? What kind of results have you had? Which are your favorite sources for meditation music or binaural beats?